Wednesday 15 May 2013

Brony tribute #1: ACRacebest

Like I said on Monday I will be making brony tributes every Wednesday and this is the first from the series. I also wanted to make a blog about me becoming a brony this week so decided to pick the brony whose work had something to do with it. And I sure hope that you know this great guy and he is ACRacebest!

Race's OC made by Gray-Gold


It was January last year when I got in touch with ponies for the first time. For a long time I have been watching videos from YouTube celebrities, The FineBrothers. Well, one day they posted a new episode to their show "Teens React" where bunch of teens react to something. Well, in this episode they reacted to some weird and childish TV-show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I watched the episode and was bit amazed when I heard that teen and grown men watch a show for little girls but I just continued my life and for awhile I didn't even remember the video. Then, about a month later when I was watching YouTube I saw this video again. I went to watch it again, then I didn't know why. I watched it and I saw an interesting video title in the recommends section: "Bronies react to teen react to My Little Pony"...

 

So this the point where Race steps in because he is the mastermind behing that video! I watched it and I was like: "Those people seem very nice, actually they are little bit like me. Oh, and that yelling pony was funny!" This was the point where I started to get why these people like the show but it took me couple of days before I decided the watch the first episode... but that's a story for another blog.

Of course the Bronies react is like the "biggest" thing what Race does and I love them. But that's not the main thing why I like ACRacebest... The most important thing about him is that he is just as crazy as I am! I can totally relate to him! His random dances in public and him just being random is so funny and relaxing to watch because now I know that I'm not the only one in the world being as crazy. And that is why I watch his con vlogs. There are many people who do video coverage on pony conventions but I watch Race's vlogs because it's almost like I was at the convention myself because I relate to him.

His early stuff is also pretty great! Like a Faust has long been one my favourite songs/PMV's. And don't even get me talking about As a Brony! The greatest ponified song ever! One day I heard In the Navy in a radio and instantly I started to sing Race's version and my parents were like "What the hell are you singing!?"

                            
                        


So should you subscribe to his YouTube channel? YES! And follow him on Twitter also. Race has a great Twitter avatar btw... because I have Apple Bloom with the same pose that Race's OC has as my Twitter avatar and every time I see it, it looks like they are about to hug. See for yourself:



And for Race, if you happen to read this, I just want to say THANK YOU! Without your Bronies react I may not have ever joined the brony fandom. Keep being awesome! And remember you owe me that hug! I will see you at this years BronyCon where I intend to travel from Finland.

And of course, thanks to everyone who had the time to read my first brony tribute. What did you think about the concept? Just for reminders I will do these every Wednesday until I ran out of bronies (like that will ever happen). Stay tuned for more blog posts to come! This weekend I'm going to review my favourite MLP: FiM episode. 




No comments:

Post a Comment